Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Amelia

Hillary Swank and Richard Gere star in the story of Amelia Earhart. Although much of this story was true, for example the flights she took, solo and in-partnership, I am assuming some of the romantic detail was for Hollywood. After watching this movie my childhood memories of learning of Earhart in history classes flooded back to me. I was intrigued with the story. Seeing the back story of Earhart, true or not, made the disappearance even more interesting and mysterious. I found my self googling Amelia Earhart to learn more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Earhart I was hoping my children would also be fascinated with the story. My daughter remembered Earhart from "Night at the Smithsonian." Both children made it for about 20 minutes of the movie before being distracted but returned to see the plane throughout the movie. I recommend this movie. It is a good look back at a piece of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment