Thursday, February 25, 2010

Everybody's Fine

Robert De Niro plays a father to four grown adults, who are spread all over the country. His wife has just passed on and he is trying desperately to have a reunion with all his children. They can't come to him so he travels the country by bus, train and a little help from a trucker to visit his kids. He discovers a few things on the way, a little joy and tragedy. The title says it all when describing his relationship with his kids. His late wife never told him bad news and just said that the kids were fine. He discovers along the way that he was "in the dark" and learns more about his children then he ever knew. This story was sweet and brought a tear to my eye. I think Robert De Niro did a fabulous job and reminded me a lot of my relationship with my own father; for example, calling home only to say, "Hi Dad, is mom there."

No comments:

Post a Comment