Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Love Happens

As I was searching Family Video for something to watch this afternoon. I came across a couple chick flicks. Now I had not heard of
Love Happens
rated PG-13, before I saw today's new releases but I don't mind Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart, well to be honest I like his dimples. I did not even bother reading the back of the DVD case but went purely on the actors themselves. I thought I was bringing home a love story...enough said. I was wrong. This movie dealt with healing and dealing with the loss of a loved one. Yes, there was an undertone of love and I don't want to give too much away but there was a kiss but it was not the focus of the movie. I would definitely define it as a "chick flick." The best part of the movie is it takes place in Seattle. Oh it made me long for home. I thought it was so funny that everyone who does not live in Seattle or the Pacific Northwest, thinks it rains constantly. Also the idea that grunge is still in, come on that was the 90's! Also Seattle of course revolves around Pike's Place and I definitely thought it was funny that they pointed out the traffic. Yes, Seattle traffic is horrible! I do think Jennifer Aniston's character, who is a florist in the movie, would never be able to afford a home overlooking Seattle, but hey it is a movie, make believe, and meant to entertain. Martin Sheen also has a small part and let me say he made me laugh at the end, just what I needed after I had shed a couple tears. I probably won't watch this movie again, it is just not "One" of those but overall I enjoyed it. It served my purpose for the afternoon: a couple hours of quiet, a good movie and relaxation.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite Seattle movie flub is in Sleepless in Seattle where he rows from Lake Union to Alki - or vice versa. Um, did he row through the Ballard Locks? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fotgot about that one Heather! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete