Friday, January 22, 2010

Blueberry Dump Cake

I have been a crock pot slacker. My husband is gone and to be honest I have no motivation to cook in my crock pot. First most of the recipes make so much food that there is no way the kids and I would be able to eat it all. Well today I decided to pull myself out of my slump and cook some yummy dessert. I was craving blueberries so I used Google and came accross this yummy recipe. Ok now that you have scrolled down and seen the recipe, yes I know it is pretty much Cherry Delight....I know I can't trick you all. Oh well this is just as good as the Cherry Delight. I do have to admit I ate a little and passed the rest off to my friend. I hope her and her family loved it as much as me.
1 21 oz. can blueberry pie filling 1 package yellow cake mix 1/2 C. butter 1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional: I left this off)
DIRECTIONS: Place pie filling in the slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter, sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of that. Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours. Serve warm in bowls. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. It was very good! Anytime you have left overs we are willing to take them off your hands:)

    ReplyDelete