Monday, January 4, 2010

Cornbread

My absolute favorite Corn Bread Recipe.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 2/4 cup Quaker Corn Meal 1/4 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional) 1 cup skim milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten Heat Oven to 400 degrees. Grease 8 or 9 inch pan. Combine all ingredients. Cook 20-25 minutes.
I discovered this recipe on the back of the Quaker Corn Meal box. It is delicious! Obviously you don't need to use Quaker corn meal but I prefer it! Also I double this recipe and use a 9X13 pan when we want lots of cornbread.
I googled crockpot cornbread and was happy to hear that another blogger used my recipe in her crockpot. However, I was very disappointed. It was so dry and my hubby and I are so used to my fabulous corn bread that to be honest we trashed it and I made it the old fashion way...in the oven. We enjoyed our tasty cornbread with leftover bacon potato soup from last night. So enjoy this cornbread recipe but do me a favor and don't cook it in the crockpot!

No comments:

Post a Comment