Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Liz's Crockpot Apple Crisp

7-8 cups cut and cored apples (you can keep the peels on if you choose) 1/2 cup butter or margarine 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup walnuts cereal or granola cinnamon sugar
Place cut apples in crock pot, cut cube of butter over top of apples, sprinkle brown sugar and walnuts over apples. Crush cereal (I used corn chex) and sprinkle over apples (I used about 1/2 cup but you can use more or less if you choose) I finally lightly sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar over the top. Cook on High 1 hour and then stir. Cook an additional 30-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Top with cool whip or ice cream. ENJOY!
Note: I made this recipe up this afternoon after my husband encouraged me to keep it up....I will be honest I was going to skip the crock pot today!

1 comment: