Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crock Pot Roast

If you use your crock pot then you probably have cooked a roast in it. I cooked a roast in my crock pot today. This is so easy! Add your roast and spices a little water and cook on low 8 hours. I sometimes add carrots and potatoes too. BUT my favorite thing to do with my crock pot roast is to add soy sauce. Today I didn't add any water for the first time (oops should have still added a little water as the soy sauce did burn a bit on the bottom of the pan) and just added soy sauce. The roast was delicious! I wanted a simple dinner so we just had roast beef sandwiches.
TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO WHEN YOU COOK A CROCK POT ROAST? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW OTHERS IDEAS AND MAYBE GET A FEW NEW ONES FOR MYSELF.

4 comments:

  1. I've never done a beef roast (what is wrong with me), but I have done a pork roast and then made pulled pork. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crockpot roast is my "go to" meal if I am having company over for dinner. I always get asked for my recipe. The secret ingredient? Onion powder - LOTS of onion powder. I cover the entire top of the roast with onion powder, then normally do a steak seasoning blend (or johnny's) and some sort of garlic seasoning as well. I put so many seasonings on the roast that you can't even see the meet anymore. Then I put in the potatoes and carrots, and sprinkle them with Johnny's to give them a little extra flavor. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather-pulled pork is yummy!!

    Lindy I am going to have to try that : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I just realized I misspelled "meat". Oops!

    ReplyDelete