Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Hot Chocolate

This hot chocolate brings me back to my childhood! My sisters and I were home schooled in the fourth grade with another neighborhood family. I remember watching Gone with the Wind for the first time curled up on the Ortenzio's couch drinking Laurie's homemade hot chocolate. To me this cocoa tastes exactly the same and reminds me of those carefree days when I was a child. This is a large batch so I only made a half batch for my small family.
10 cups milk, 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 cups hot water
Pour milk into crock pot and turn on high heat. Mix together sugar, cocoa, salt, and hot water in a heavy saucepan. Boil 3 minutes, stirring often. Pour into milk and stir. Cover and cook on high heat 2-2 1/2 hours. Stir before serving. Serve with Marshmallows and how about a candy cane...(we omitted the candy cane)
Again taken from 101 More Things To Do With A Slow Cooker

1 comment:

  1. This would be a great recipe for those cold sledding days! Mmm or... a rainy day inside!

    ReplyDelete