Sunday, January 31, 2010

Life Happens

As I sit here on January 31st, I realize I have not made anything in my crock pot for one week. The hubby has been gone for two weeks. Had I known that he would be gone half of January when I started 30 Days of Fun I would not have chosen Crock Pot for the first 30 days. With him gone I find myself not cooking and to be honest I have only gone to the grocery store once in the last couple weeks. I typically go about two times a week when he is home and I cook a lot! I found myself skipping the crock pot as I was not wanting to make the large portions of food for myself and most the time the kids won't eat it. I make them but the fight was not worth it! So now that I have made all the excuses in the book!! It is time to rave on the dishes I did get a chance to make this month. My top three in no particular order were the Bacon Potato Soup, Chicken Tortilla Soup and Blueberry Dump Cake. I will be making these again many times over.
So I am so excited for the crock pot fun to be OVER! I want to put the crock pot away and hide it in my cupboard for a bit. I apologize I have not been motivated these past couple weeks. Life took over! So this next month I am not going to promise to blog daily or do something daily. For me this is likely impossible! Because life will take over! I am going to have a general theme throughout each month. So stay tuned for tomorrow when I reveal February's 30 Days of Fun. Again I am thrilled to say good-bye to the crock pot. If you want to continue the fun check out A Year of Slow Cooking, http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ More power to this blogger who has the motivation to use her crock pot all year long!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you! Keep blogging - it's cheap (free!) therapy. Can't wait to see what you're doing for Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, have fun watching movies! It will make the time go faster! BUT get funny ones so you don't get depressed with Robert being gone. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete