Friday, January 8, 2010

Crock Pot Macaroni Cheese

When we awoke today in the Midwest it was -2 degrees with a wind chill of -15. Yes super cold and with this cold brought another day off for the kids. We only have one SUV so my hubby took it to work. I searched the cupboards and then looked to google for a recipe I could do with the ingredients I had. I came up with this tasty mac and cheese. I had it ready for lunch, my husband tries to come home for lunch, and loved it. He said it reminded him of his mom's macaroni pie. This is a compliment in my book, his mom is an excellent cook. My kids prefer Kraft mac and cheese so we had to force them to eat this but as an adult super tasty. So cook this up and enjoy mom and dad!
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese (from cooks.com)
8 oz macaroni cooked (2 cups) 1 large package of cheese (I used about 4 cups Cheddar and mozzarella cheese) 1 large can evaporated milk 1 1/2 c water 3 eggs beaten 1 stick butter salt and pepper to taste
To Macaroni add butter, salt, pepper and milk: mix well. Add water stir in eggs and cheese. Put mixture in crock pot. So not stir again. Cook on low 1 hour and then on high 1 hour until fully cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment