Monday, January 18, 2010

UGH Another Disaster!

With my hubby leaving tomorrow at 3am for 3 weeks making dinner was the last thing on my mind. Our family enjoyed a day of fun: video games, errands and we ventured out to see The Spy Next Door. But before we left I put some frozen chicken in the crock pot and added a bottle of Sweet and Sour sauce. We got home and I decided to add rice and some water. I thought if this works it will be brilliant and tasty! Anyways at about 3:30 the Terminex guy calls and wants to do a termite inspection. It is free so I said sure come on over. With the spiders around here Terminex sprays every few months so I do trust them. With a strange little man walking around my home (thank God hubby is still here), I was also making phone calls to have our heater fixed, roof fixed and an electrician to repair a couple outlets. Oh the joy of home ownership...everything seems to break at once! A long story short, I forgot about the crock pot....the rice burned and the chicken was DRY. I don't have much luck doing poultry in the crock pot. Is there something wrong with my poultry skills? Hmmm something to ponder as I wait an hour and a half for the pizza guy to get here. Others must also have had issues with their dinner tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Liz- I love how you described the Terminex guy as a little man! haha That's only because you guys are so tall! I hope he's not into food blogs! haha Sure hope this transition will become smoother for you guys.

    ReplyDelete