Friday, January 15, 2010

I like Meatloaf...I like Tacos...

I know I only have a couple people who actually read my blog, to you I apologize. Yesterday, I did not cook in my crock pot. I had a few things "stir" my world yesterday and cooking in the crock pot was the last thing on my mind. Praise the Lord the situation has somewhat worked itself out. My husband is going to have to go away for work for three weeks. So my dilema these last couple weeks of January is figuring something out to cook in the crock pot for me and the kids. Or I am going to be blessing lots of people with good food. Which is tons of fun too. So today my husband and kids were all home. School work day and four-day weekend for my hubby. So he grasiously made us all breakfast around 11am of pancakes and bacon. So having a late brunch we had an early dinner. My husband summed this meal up by saying, "It is good. I like meatloaf...I like tacos." So here is a great new recipe for all you meatloaf and taco lovers!
Meatloaf Sensation
2.5 lbs ground beef, half of an 8oz jar salsa, 1 pks dry taco seasoning, divided, 1 egg slightly beaten, 1 cup bread crumbs, 12oz pkg, shredded Mexican-mix cheese, salt pepper
Combine all ingredients except half of taco seasoning. Mix well. Shape into loaf and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours.
Another great recipe from Fix It and Forget It
This meatloaf was delicious. I served it over a bed of lettuce, tortilla chips and you can add your favorite taco toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment