Saturday, January 23, 2010

Egg and Cheese Bake

I didn't sleep well last night. This is one of the downfalls with having hubby away. I worry more and sleep less. So this morning I got up at 6:30, I could not toss and turn anymore. I put together this Egg and Cheese Bake, another recipe from Fix-it and Forget-It, and was excited to have brunch with the kids.
3 cups toasted bread crumbs 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese fried, crumbled bacon or ham chunks (optional: I left it out) 6 eggs beaten 3 cups milk 3/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper
Combine bread, cheese and meat in greased slow cooker. Mix together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over bread. Cook on low 4-6 hours (NOTE I COOKED ONLY 3.5 HOURS AND IT WAS STARTING TO BURN)
OK, so here is my input, I am not a huge egg fan. I wouldn't even eat eggs until I was about 24 and now I prefer scrambled so this may not have been a very good dish to make with out my husband here. I think he would have liked this. I compare it to a quiche, which I am not fond of. I didn't even attempt to feed this to the kids I knew they wouldn't eat it. So if you like eggs and quiche this is an easy crock pot breakfast but if you don't, then skip this one. Have a great Saturday everyone and happy crock potting!

1 comment:

  1. sorry it didn't turn out, but the pic is really pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete