Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

It is after 11pm, we just returned home from some friend's house. I am tired so I apologize if I am not making any sense. My goal is to blog daily about my crock pot adventure. Today was a successful adventure. I even took today's crock pot meal to our friend's home. All four adults were impressed and thought it was very tasty. So here it is ladies and gentleman Chicken Tortilla soup a definite success and a delightful addition to my recipe collection.
4 Chicken Breast halves, 2 15oz cans black beans undrained, 2 15oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes, or Rotel tomatoes (I used Rotel), 1 cup salsa, 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, 14 1/2oz. can tomato sauce, tortilla chips, 2 cups grated cheese
Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 8 hours. Just before serving remove chicken breasts and slice into bite sized pieces. Stir into soup. To serve, put a handful of chips in each soup bowl. Ladle soup over chips and top with cheese.
Thanks to Julie for letting me borrow her book, Fix-it and Forget It. This book was written by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment